Simple Smoking Technique for Home
Cocktail Chemistry shares how to create a smoky, delicious old fashioned without the need for any additional equipment that you might not have laying around at home.
The Smoked Cocktail by ROKC bar, NY
Shige Kabashima from New York bar, ROKC, shares the technique of creating a smoked cocktail by using a handheld smoking gun. The cocktail recipe, aptly named “The Smoked Cocktail”, can be found below the video for reference.
- 60mL Buffalo Trace Bourbon (2oz)
- 15mL Cynar (0.5oz)
- 7.5mL Ancho Reye Chili Liqueur (0.25oz)
- 3 Dashes of Lagavulin 16
- 3 Dashes of Housemade Aromatic Bitters (or Angostura)
- Cinnamon stick
- In a large tulip glass add a ball of ice
- Pour ingredients in and swirl to mix
- Place under glass bell and smoke with cinnamon stick for 15-20 seconds
3 Techniques for Smoking a Cocktail
Lastly, we have a video by PolyScience (the makers of The Smoking Gun handheld smoker) that displays 3 variations on how to infuse that smokey flavour into your cocktails.
Experimented with smoking drinks?
Let me know your favourite smoked mixed drink by commenting below!